KIT'S RED CHUTNEY -
Probably the most versatile chutney on the shelves at the moment.
Use as a base for any tomato based dish.
- Spaghetti Bolognese (using Beef, Pork or Turkey mince or a combination of two of them)
- In a sauté pan or pot with a lid, add 1x tbsp Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil and fry off the mince until slightly tanned, then add 1x finely diced onions, 2x crushed garlic cloves, 1x 400g Chopped Tinned Tomatoes, 1x 190g Jar Kit’s Red Chutney, 1x bay leaf and salt/black pepper to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 35mins on a low heat. Then add sliced mushrooms and cook for a further 10mins. Drizzle about 1x tbsp of good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil and turn the heat off. Sprinkle a little freshly chopped basil and parsley before serving on either cooked spaghetti or any other pasta that takes your fancy. Dust with grated Parmegiano Regionio
- Spaghetti Veganese (Using any large diced combination of your fav veg E.g. Diced aubergine, Courgettes, Squashes or marrow)
- Everything from the basic sauce above can be used as written but obviously replace the meat for veg and use vegan cheese
- Seafood Pasta (Using fresh Prawns either shell on of off, Clams, Sliced Squid, fresh mussels or any combination of fresh fish of shellfish can be used)
- Again everything from the basic Bolognese except the meat can be made and just add the raw seafood to the sauce and simmer for about 10mins in the sauce so that nothing is over cooked. Cheese is optional