1 potato (peeled and sliced) OR ready salted crisps
Cheese for topping
Green Peanut Chutney for Garnish
- Spray some oil in a frying pan and fry potatoes until slightly brown. Add the onion.
- Mix the eggs in bowl and add 1 tbsp of water. Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Empty onions and potato into the egg mix and lightly stir.
- Add more oil to pan and put on medium heat. Pour the contents of the bowl into the pan and go round the edges with a spatula, ensuring it's browning well on the sides.
- When all the liquid has browned off the edges gently lift the omelette to ensure the centre is cooked through.
- There are many ways to do this step. To cook the other side, either flip the omelette over with a spatula like a pro cook or awkwardly toss onto a plate and back onto the pan. Either way works... one just looks cooler.
- Add cheese and serve with a crisp salad and Peanut Chutney.
Thanks to Mark, one of our long-standing Chutney Champions for this fantastic submission! I know what I'm having for lunch today...